TopBand: DX Activity in the ARRL 160M Contest

Selbrede, Bob W. Selbrede@aria.edwards.af.mil
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:41:00 -0800

Hi Folks,

Hope to hear some increased DX activity this weekend, at least out of Asia
and the Pacific.  Aside from a few days prior to CQWW CW, XZ1N has been
about it out here in the mornings.  His sigs are ranging from 559 to 599 and
most of the time he's the only DX on the band!  Occasionally DS4CNB and a
few UA's and JA's and that's about it.  I assume with the sigs XZ1N is
pumping into the West Coast that many other countries would be very workable
as well.  Maybe we'll finally hear some additional South Americans on in the
evenings too for a change.  That would be great.  Have fun this weekend.

73, Bob K6ZZ