TopBand: 3D2- / T2-DX-ped

Joerg Puchstein Joerg Puchstein" <dl8wpx@ibm.net
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:30:29 -0000

The meanwhile well known German DX-group around Dietmar, DL3DXX
and Falk, DK7YY will be on tour again:

DK1BT - Manfred,
DK7YY - Falk,
DL3DXX - Mar,
DL2OAP - Tom,
DL8OBQ - Uli
will take off next Monday to Fidji (3D2) and Tuvalu (T2).
Unfortunately neither Jan (DL7UFN) nor myself (YB1AQS) have enough
spare time to join them this year...

In the baggage are again two Titanex V80E antennas for extensive
lowband coverage, a 5 el Beam will be the main antenna on the higher bands.
They'll take two complete stations with them, including RTTY equipment,
maybe even with a microphone for some SSB :-)

Calls are not known by now - we're still trying to get them prior departure.
We'll try to arrange a Log-Search and Web-page as well as a regular
feedback between you and them by means of e-mail/fax. Therefore
Wil (dj7aa), Joe (yb1aqs) and Micha (dl6mhw) will be standby in Europe.

Planned Schedule:
-------------------------
Dec. 21st: Departure to LA - arrival there at 1:55pm (KLM)
Dec. 22nd: Departure from LA 3:30pm, arrival in Nadi 23th Dec 11:55pm
-----------  stay in Nadi
Jan. 2nd: Nadi-Funafuti 09:00am-11:15am
-----------  stay in Funafuti
Jan. 15th:  Funafuti-Nadi 1:15pm-5:30pm
Jan. 16th:  Nadi-LA 11:59pm -1:15am
Jan. 18th:  LA-Europe 4:20pm, arrival Jan. 19 3:15pm (KLM)

They'll stay in LA two times over night (Dec. 21...22 and Jan. 16...18) at
Hacienda Hotel,
525 N.Selpulveda Blvd,
Los Angeles (near the airport).

Anybody interested meeting them there is very welcome...

vy73 and cu,

Joe YB1AQS for the group