TopBand: Re: The Caribbean

Greg Smith gregsmith@futuredbn.co.za
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:07:54 +0200

>Friends in Radio Land,
>
>The questions about 160 meter propagation into the Caribbean are
>interesting as I think they will be found to deal more with noise
>than the physics of the ionosphere.  I say that as Steve, VK6VZ,
>and Greg, ZS5K, are in the opposite hemispheres from the VP5, 6Y5,
>etc that were mentioned.

Granted that most of the Topband activity is in our summer, Bob, but how
come I can hear Eu, US, and Canada, at the SAME TIME as I cannot hear Carib.
I know that the latter are on at the same time from the Webcluster.

Also granted that the Carib DXpeditions may sometimes be running less ERP,
but surely this is not ALWAYS the case?

Greg, ZS5K