TopBand: Grid Square Look up site?

Patrick Dayshaw patd@wolfenet.com
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 16:38:11 -0800

Considering that the entire Stew Perry exchange IS the call plus "four
character grid square" are these contacts even considered valid?  Doesn't
seem like they should be any more than a Sweepstakes exchange would be if it
was missing data.  Seems like the contest should be run during the contest
not after the fact, but of course that's up to the sponsor.  (Sorry, just
another one of those fools that actually reads and try's to abide by the
rules.)

Patrick
WA7VNI

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-topband@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-topband@contesting.com]On Behalf Of jim funk
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 1998 03:22 PM
To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: TopBand: Grid Square Look up site?

How do we handle those this year?  Seems last year there was a way to score
contacts with stations who didn't know their grids?  My only one this time
was a YV.... (only SA heard/worked).>

73, Jim N9JF

>couple people called in during SP from Carib and SA who give cities but
>didn't know their Grids.
>
>73,
>John K4IQ
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

Quote of the year:
"Umpires are like dairy cows. The bottom 20% should be culled each year."
Al Oppendal, Ruthven, IA in Nov. 16, 1998 _Sports Illustrated_