TopBand: Grid Square Look up site?

John Mitchell jbmitch@vt.edu
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 00:04:55 -0500

I'd like to know what the consensus of the contest committee is.  It only
makes a few points difference in my modest log anyway, so what's the
verdict?  Can someone who enters the contest casually, and doesn't know
their grid square participate for credit by giving a city as a qth?  Seems
since many logs are only calcualted after the contest that the arguments
below relative to when the contest ends may not be that relevant.  The grid
square is not something that everyone is going to know, especially
non-vhf'ers.  Why make the contest harder to join?  Participation is already
low.  This was my first year playing; has this question come up in past years?

John K4IQ