TopBand: Stew Perry from HA0DU

pista istvan.bogyo@mdc.hu
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:30:40 +0100

Dear Fellow TopBanders,

First of all I promise I will be active in the next SP Challenge as
well. FUN FUN FUN.

Although conditions were rather poor, I managed to work 154 Qs,
including 15 JAs, 15 W/K (all East Coast), another 8 DX (5B4ADA, 5B4AGC,
VE1ZZ, 5H3US-a new one, EK6GC, 4X4NJ, UA9AT, UA0AZ). No score yet, I
will download the program soon.

By FAR the best DX signal was VE1ZZ (steady 599), followed by JA6HUG,
JH4UYB, K2TOP, W8JI and NB1B. Some of the usual big signal holders were
only 559-569 (W4ZV, K1ZM, W1FJ, K1KI). Perhaps they were running 100
Watts to have the advantage of the multiplier...

Only had one "run" of US stations, between 0450 and 0520 I worked 8
stations in a row, otherwise I had to fight for every DX QSO very hard.

Thank you all for this nice experience, God Bless and Happy 1999!

73 es DX
de
Steve HA0DU