TopBand: n2nl/kh2 first stateside worked

Dave Mueller n2nl@kuentos.guam.net
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 00:07:30 +1000 (GST)

After sending my first message, I took a quick listen back on 160.  Found
YB0ARA/9 had gone QRT, and I decided what the heck, lets try CQing again, on
1826khz.  Soon after at 1327 I worked my first stateside station on 160 from
Guam, W0BV.  He was followed by N0XA, W0CM, W0YG, KV0Q, N6SS, and N7RT.  All
were easily copiable and out of the noise level here on my transmit antenna.
All heard me with my puny 100W.  I heard another calling around 1350z but
there was no way I could pull the call out of the QRN.
   I would stay on longer but I really have to go QRT for bed; I need to be
up for work in 4 hours.  I will be back on 160 Tuesday morning beginning
about 1145Z and will try to stay up until 1400Z or so.  1826KHz primary,
1831KHz if 26 is occupied.  QSL via W2YC.
   I'll do my best on this end with limited power and limited antennas, lets
hope conditions hold up.

73, Dave n2nl/kh2