TopBand: half-sloper x Shunt fed tower

Egon Boehm egon@virtual-net.com.br
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:30:48 -0200

>From all what I read and experienced what is really the basic difference
between the sloper and the
shunt fed tower?
You can modify the radiation diagram in a half sloper adding a sloper
director or reflector.
This system has a low R component (abt 15 ohm) and a very high Jw (abt 1900
ohm) component at the feeding point, calculated for my own system here. As
far as I use the same sloper for 80 PH, 80 CW and
160 metre, a matching box at the feeding point should be switched
eletrically in this case.
I tune 80 PH, 80 CW and 160 be adding coils and wires at the sloper wire
ends.

Did anyone have tried something similar ?
73

Egon Boehm
PY2BW
mailto:egon@virtual-net.com.br