TopBand: N2NL/KH2 160m Operating schedule

Dave Mueller n2nl@kuentos.guam.net
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 19:20:54 +1000 (GST)

Hello again guys.....
   I was QRV again last night (Tuesday morning USA time) on 160, at 1826KHz.
YB9ARA/0 was on 1827.5.  Conditions seemed lousy last night, QRN was high,
and I couldn't even run stateside guys on 40m telling me conditions were
down.  Anyway, I made 2 stateside QSO's in between the JA's.  One was KL7Y
(I think, he was practically below the noise level and only popped out of it
for a second), the other was NR0X.  The funny thing about NR0X is that I
heard him calling me on 1910KHz, the frequency I was listening on for JA's
at the time.  He even beat a couple weaker JA's in the pileup.
    I will again be QRV on 160 on Friday and Saturday morning USA time,
starting about 1130Z and continuing as long as I can stay awake.  I hope to
atleast stay awake through west coast sunrise Friday AM.  Trying not to
forget Europe, I will also be QRZ Friday and Saturday evenings, beginning
about 2000Z and continuing through my sunrise about 1 hour later.  I would
be more active for Europe if I didn't have to be at work before prime EU-KH2
conditions (My sunrise).
   I will be QRV on 1831 KHz this time around, to try not to interfere with
YB9ARA/0 whom I think is doing a great job.  I will try to change my room by
Friday to have a better location for my long wire, to try to squeeze every
little bit out of my 100W.

   73, Dave n2nl/kh2