TopBand: Common mode rejection filters

John Mitchell jbmitch@vt.edu
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:53:15 -0500

At 07:57 AM 2/4/98 -0800, Robert A. Kile wrote:
>Dear Topbanders, Tree and others.
>
>Even though the thread regarding common mode currents was a cross post the
topic is of interest and importance to Top-banders.

Thanks, Bob, for breaking the ice on this one.

I couldn't agree more.  This reflector has become quite sterile of late, and
I've considered dropping the subscription.  I too found the information on
common mode rejection filters useful, and was glad to see it.

I've considered doing an analysis of a week's posts here by subject, but
know what I would find:  something like 80 per cent revolves around so and
so's qsl manager, when they were on, how long it will take to fix the broken
vertical, etc. etc.  This is useful information for the die hard dxer, but
let's not forget the casual dx'ers, and other top band operators out there.
There used to be really great series on the technical aspects of 160M
operating, such as shunt feeding towers, optimum beverage systems,
horizontal vs. vertical polarization, etc.  We seem to have evolved into a
160M adjunct to a DX reflector, at this point.

Maybe when Bill gets back, we should revisit the purpose of the reflector.
While some moderation is no doubt needed, we may have thrown out the baby
with the bath water.

73,
John K4IQ