TopBand: Good DX this AM

k7ca@accessnv.com k7ca@accessnv.com
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 18:59:59 +0000

Hello All,
  Finally managed to get up early (6:00AM) to check the band.  After
static crashes steady at 10 over 9 last evening toward the east I was
surprised to see the S meter read 0 on the noise toward Asia.  I
first heard BV7FC calling CQ and OH2PM/BY1QH answered and both were
S7.  9M0C was calling CQ, also S7,  and actually working stations.
About 1.5KHz above him 3W5FM was calling CQ in the clear between the
9M0 and his pileup.  Then VR98BG was heard calling CQ with an S8
signal.  Also RU0L and RA0FA were calling CQ with great signals too.
I managed to work 3W5FM and VR98BG for number 84 and 85 with 100
watts this season(they have good ears), but the BY1 got my call then
couldn't copy the report. 73 from Las Vegas, AL K7CA