TopBand: VK6VZ Long Path

Steve Ireland sire@omen.com.au
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 06:06:04 +0800

Dear esteemed east coast North American reflectees,

Apologies to those in W1 land who were calling me/heard me this morning on
the LP on my sunrise (2115Z) and to whom I did not reply.

At this time of year, my local power lines get dusty and arc over and I also
get very high noise from weather activity in the tropical north of the
state.  Anything around S4 - S5 is on/below my noise level.  I could hear
you guys calling, but with the noise and a large EU pile up could not pull
anyone through.

I am fighting the situation.  A Slinky bev is now in place, matching xfr
made up and suitable feeder has been bought.  I just need time to connect it
all together (new baby with colic...).  A MFJ noise canceller is also on the
shopping list.

What I am saying is don't give up on me, please!  I am deafer than I'd like
to be, but there is hope - even from a dry dust bowl in the hills surrounded
by power lines.

Mni 73,

Steve, VK6VZ