TopBand: HELP with Beverage Switching ?

John Mitchell jbmitch@vt.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 00:12:54 -0500

Hi John,

I use an MFJ six position switch (Mdl 1701, the cheapie!) and coax/pl259
feeds to bevs.  No problems with isolation.  The MFJ  seems to have a robust
mechanical construction, so I don't worry about the constant switching
between bevs.  If it breaks, it's only about 30 or 40 bucks to replace.  I
screwed mine right to the front of the operating position, so it's second
nature to reach down with the left hand.  It's not quite an azimuthal layout
but the six positions cover from 9 o'clock to 3. So I've got bevs plugged in
roughly corresponding, west to east most.

Good luck,
John K4IQ