TopBand: K8CFU

Earl W Cunningham k6se@juno.com
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 16:48:20 EST

I Ran across an old buddy of mine via e-mail last week.  We used to yak
at each other on 10-meter mobile on the way to work in the Detroit area
back in the late 50s (during that tremendous sunspot peak).

Some of you probably know and were wondering whatever happened to Arch
Doty, K8CFU (160m DXCC #220 - possibly all SSB), well-known for his
published studies on ground systems.

He moved from Fletcher, NC and is now living in Hillsboro, Oregon near
Portland, where he bought a hilltop QTH.   His new callsign is W7ACD (his
initials) and  He's planning a 71-foot top-loaded, shunt-fed tower on
160m soon.

For those of you who know good ol' Arch, his e-mail address is
archd@aol.com. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you.

73, de Earl, K6SE