TopBand: Relay from BY1QH

btippett@ctc.net btippett@ctc.net
21 Jan 1998 19:29:38 EDT

We are here tonight for the entire night and will be QRV on 160 for EU
as well. Will stay on 160 until west coast sunrise after 1500.
160 noise is s8 to s9 and thats the best we can get it.  Hear many
stations calling at just the noise and no way to pull you guys through.
Calls just pop over the noise level at times and we can pick one out
now and then.  Keep trying and we are doing the best we can for the
conditions at hand.
80 is almost a total loss due to commercial stations that are 20 and 30
over s9.  Will try and find a freq that we can use but dont look good.
Instead of the 160 test we will be qrv on 80 and 40 to try and pick up
some of the guys who need those bands.
Its no picknick guys and we apologize for the receiveing on this end and
doing our best.  Thanks for hanging in there.  Hope to see some more
of you tonight.
            73 de Merv and Price