TopBand: Top Hat Help

Gerry Hohn Gerry.Hohn.ghohn@nt.com
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:46:37 -0500

I have an HF2V that I've modified by adding above center loading plus a
small top hat (3' diam.). I've been debating what will improve the
already dreadful efficiency a bit more, adding more L or a larger Top
Hat.

My feelings is that more Hat would be best.

My question is: which adds more capacity. The most amount of metal
surface or the largest outside diameter. Give the amount of physical
load I can place on the mast I can either increase the number and width
of the support arms (more surface) or extend the arms out near twice as
far (5' diam.).

Any advise?

Please respond directly to ghohn@nortel.com

Gerry VE6LB