TopBand: Contest conditions

Patrick Collins pcollins@freenet.columbus.oh.us
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:00:46 -0500 (EST)

After reading W4ZV's note (great job Bill) I have some interesting
comparisions.  Saturday night conditions started out good, but degraded
has the night went on (the sunrise peak was non-existent for us).  Consider,
T93Y who the east coast and 4-landers
were calling and working with ease.  In Ohio he was very much inaudible,
only with the pre-amp on and on QSB peaks could I copy him (so really only
about 10% of the time).

Also, EU was all over the place. It was hard to call CQ without a European
station cq'ing underneath or slightly off.  Very interesting to work 3
5B4's (5b4ada,c42a,5b4agc).

Hopefully phone will be better...cu from WR8C (the "we really 8ate
clinton" special event station).

Pat Collins