TopBand: More from YB0ARA/9

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 07:41:10 -0500 (EST)

     I QRT last night at 1215Z.  I heard nor worked anyone.  I called CQ
from 1130Z onward, but QRN was very bad !  Bill, we might want to add to
the announcement that sometimes I, in fact, might just QRT very quickly.
Last night when I started to hear the thunder right after the house lit up
from the lighting I though it might be a good time to shut down.  The
storms around here move between 30 and 45 knots !  One night it works for
you and next it might not !  I try and hang in there as long as possible,
but when I am not hearing well and the lighting flash is close to the
thunder, it is time to unplug everything !  In Jakarta I would draw six (6)
inch arc's to the air conditioner from the open feeders coming through the
window and the lighting would be miles away !  Read up on lighting in the
Genius book of records.  See what we get tonight.