TopBand: GREETINGS!

IAN GODSIL vk3did@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 02:04:31 PDT

Greetings to everyone!.  Please allow me to introduce myself -- I am Ian
Godsil VK3DID and I have just joined this reflector.  I am an interested
160 metres operator, but without a particularly good antenna system for
this band.  Suburban back yards do have their limitations!! My QTH is
the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

I am also WIA Federal Contests Co-ordinator for VK, so I post here now
details of our Pacific 160 Metres Contest for 18 July, 1998.  If
conditions are right, please give us a call. We are waiting to hear from
you!

It is possible that you already know about this from Steve VK6VZ.  If
so, sorry for repeating and thanks to Steve.

Many thanks and 73 de Ian VK3DID

Pacific 160m Contest (CW/Phone)
0700-2330z Saturday, 18 July

This contest, slightly enlarged this year to include all Pacific
Islands, is scheduled for the third Saturday of July each year. The
objective is for ZL, VK and other Oceania stations to work as many local
and overseas stations as possible on 160m. Stations outside Oceania are
encouraged to participate and may work any Oceania station, but not each
other.

Sections are CW, 'Phone & SWL (all single operator). Exchange RS(T) plus
serial number. Stations should claim one point per QSO with their own
call area,  two points for other call areas in VK or ZL, three points
for other Oceania stations and five points with non-Oceania stations.
For VK & ZL entrants, if the number in your callsign differs from your
actual location, please follow your callsign with the appropriate number
to indicate your location.

The multiplier is the  number of ZL & VK call areas worked, plus the
number of OTHER DXCC countries worked. Final score equals total QSO
points times multiplier.

Certificates will be awarded to the top-scoring stations in each
section, in each call area of ZL & VK and in each DXCC country.

Send your log, signed summary sheet and any comments to: Ian Godsil
VK3DID, 25 Monaco Street, Mentone, 3194, Australia, to be received by 17
August 1998.  Logs on 3.5 inch disc in asCII, or to e-mail
<´vk3did@hotmail.com±>  gladly accepted.

With many thanks,   73  de    Ian  VK3DID