TopBand: 160 condx

Michael Bazley bazley@fullcomp.com.au
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:20:25 +0800

Hi All, Just over two months ago the Xyl and I moved 250 miles in a
South-East direction to near Albany on the South coast of WA. The first
antenna I put up was a 10.1 Mhz ground plane to test how a vertical would
perform. On 30m no noise level, only problem is the QRM from pirates.
Using the 10 mh/z GP, on July 13 at 0925/0950 heard ZL8RS on 1828.9 at 579
and WD4JRA 539, W4DR 419, KX4R 539 & K4PI 569.  A couple of days ago OZ7YY
was 57/89 just before sunrise. Looks as if this could be a good 160
location. I hope to be QRV on the low bands within the next couple of
months. Plenty of space and only one neighbour about 100 metres away and a
very quiet location.
73 es dx on 160 de Mike VK6HD