TopBand: AEA Complex Impedance Analyzer (and MFJ)

Craig Clark nx1g@top.monad.net
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:39:41 -0400

>Hi Dick and Dave and all,

>I'll post this because it's related to a common 160 complaint on

>analyzers, any other responses will be e-mail only on this topic.

>> >Has anything been done to increase the output signal level

>> >or include a filter in the MFJ-259?

>> >73, Dick -K5QY

>> 1) The Autek RF-1 has the same problem by the way.

>> 2) Does anyone know if the the new AEA unit also has the same

>> susceptability to external (AM broadcast band) signals?

>> Dave

OK, I'm not an engineer but common sense suggests that a bandpass filter might help. The ICE 403 is for 1.8-2 MHz and the 402 cuts off all sigs below 1.8 MHZ.

Am I missing something here?

And, yes, RBS/RW sells them.

Craig

<bold>73 Craig Clark W1JCC