TopBand: KZ5MM CQ-160 SSB Alligator Explanation!

Earl W Cunningham k6se@juno.com
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 21:44:57 EST

 ON4UN wrote:

On 160 a Beverage must be at least 100 ft (strict minimum) from a  big
transmit antenna.
=============
It's possible that was the cause of the noise on KZ5MM Beverage, and no
doubt John's spacing suggestion is good advice, however when I had 4
Beverages here, they all ran within 50 feet of my shunt-fed towers.  They
were quiet and very directional, so I don't believe the towers affected
them.

(BTW, Bill, when you shunt feed a non-resonant structure, it becomes a
resonant structure at the frequency it's tuned to.  This is very evident
on my 1/4-wave spaced towers and their very obvious mutual coupling.)

73, de Earl, K6SE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]