TopBand: KZ5MM Noisy Beverage

John Devoldere (ON4UN) john.devoldere@innet.be
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 21:37:21 +0000

Hi Earl:

The elevated radials are just one particular condition. I explained in my
earlier mail that the vertical must be near resonance. That is the valid
reason.

My 160 m vertical uses only buried radials (250) and couples very heavily
into 2 Beverages that pass approx 25 ft from the TX antenna.

I think your conclusion is erroneous, Eral.

73

John, ON4UN

At 16:08 3/5/98 EST, you wrote:
>Having read all messages which started with KZ5MM's noisy Beverage, it
>appears that the proximity (noise) problem (Beverage near Tx vertical)
>exists when the Tx vertical has elevated radials.  Conversely, a Beverage
>seems to co-exist okay with a nearby vertical which uses non-elevated
>radials.
>
>The N4KG feed method is interesting.  I notice that if you remove all but
>one of the radials, it looks suspiciously like a half-sloper  :-)
>
>73, de Earl, K6SE

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

*            John Devoldere, ON4UN, AA4OI, OT8T               *
*             e-mail: john.devoldere@innet.be                 *
*                address: Poelstraat 215                      *
*                         B9820 Merelbele                     *
*                         Belgium                             *
*                 mailing addres: P.O.Box 41                  *
*                                 B9000 Gent,                 *
*                                 Belgium                     *

*  PLEASE CALL US IN THE CONTESTS (ON4UN OR OT8T). THANK YOU! *