TopBand: GP vs. Vertical

Art Charette k6xt@pacbell.net
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:03:53 -0800

Bill
I don't know if it will work "better" with more radials. Not going to try
for more than 6, which I'll roll out next season.

The feed impedance altered !microscopically! with the change from 3 to 4 -
barely visible, no change to tuning settings - so I infer that the
performance changed in a similar way.

What is better, anyway? Is it worth 120 buried radials plus maintenance for
that last bit? Well, yes, if that's the goal. My goal is to have a pretty
good signal on all 9 bands, as good as I can reasonably get. I could do
better with unreasonable effort.

The full 3/8 wave does, indeed, make it easier.

73 Art