TopBand: Deleting the text on replies

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:48:55 -0500 (EST)

W0FLS wrote:

>I would implore those who are responding to message to
>include at least some of the previous text.

        No problem with this...big problem with copying everything!

>I certainly respect the folks who pay by the Kbit and have no trouble
>abiding by the set of rules (which frankly seems, at times, rather
>dynamic) which governs this fb reflector.

        The rules are not dynamic except as some choose to ignore them.
The following has been a part of our purpose statement for at least
1.5 years (http://www.contesting.com/topband.html):

"Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations and
edit posts for succinctness. When responding to a specific individual,
think carefully before copying to the entire reflector. Minimize noise,
minimize bandwidth, maximize 160 information, act like gentlemen and
enjoy!"

        I'll continue to hold everyone to our purpose statement and those
who don't like it are welcome to go elsewhere.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV