TopBand: Elevated Radials

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 07:18:27 EST

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998 00:34:25 -0500 Larry Higgins <n9dx@michiana.org>
writes:

>Suggestion, Carl.  Put your 2n2222 4 miles away, and attach the FS
>meter to
>your vertical.  Then when you add the radial, you don't need to go 4
>miles
>to see the result.

Tnx for the feedback Larry,
The problem I would have at the remote end is getting an antenna that
will radiate the few hundred mw. This other ham does not have a 160M
antenna and I was just thinking of using his 75M inv V for RX.
OTOH, if the test would be valid only about 1.5 wave away I could hang a
full 1/4 wave  with 2 elevated radials from my neighbors commercial 2 way
tower. Put the 2N2222 over there with a 12V gel cell and I could play all
day at my antenna. Think that is valid? I do have AC available by the
antenna and it is set that I can easily lower the feed point to within
reach from the ground....so bringing my rig and attenuator out there is
no big deal.
Ideas??

73  Carl  KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]