TopBand: Re: Elevated GP vs. Vertical Antennas

Eric Gustafson Courtesy Account n7cl@mmsi.com
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:09:07 -0700

>From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
>Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 00:58:14 EST
>
>Carl, KM1H said:
>
>The first 6 additional radials are already in place but not connected.
>
>Eric, N7CL said:
>
>For the measurement you are trying to do, it would be much better if the
>existing radials weren't there - connected or not.  I don't know how to
>predict the exact effect they might have.  But if they weren't there,
>there would be no lingering question.  We're only talking about a few dB
>difference here after all.
>================
>Only a few dB difference?  Do I understand this to mean that if Carl goes
>from 6 to 12 radials that he'll gain 3 or 4 dB?  Wow!!  (Or have I
>misread it?)
>
>73, de Earl, K6SE

No.  I don't think he'll gain that much from going from 6 to 12
radials.  I think he _might_ gain that much going from 4 to 60 or
so.

73,  Eric  N7CL

PS. (to Bill)  Sorry about the CC post.  In future if you see a
CC: to topband from me don't bother resurrecting it.  Just drop
it in the bit bucket.  If I notice a post not showing up, I'll
figure it out and take appropriate action.