TopBand: E30GA - update

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie@dailydx.com
Fri, 06 Nov 1998 20:17:41 +0000

Just had a QSO with Franz, DJ9ZB, at E30GA.  He stated that their
equipment had been held up in customs for two days.  This is why they
were late getting on the air.  They have three stations up at this
time.  On station has been on RTTY and made over 900 QSOs.  They did
have a good 6 meter opening to Europe, I think he said yesterday.
Listen for them on 50110.  All antennas are up except for 160 meters,
which will go up tomorrow and they will be on the air tomorrow, not
today.

Earlier in the day I spoke to Joe, KO4RR, and Bruce, WD4NGB, at E30GA.
They stated that they have not been able to send out any messages via
the Internet as the phone lines are very bad.  They have tried several
different options and are still working on this.  They will be
forwarding the logs to someone to put on their homepage.
http://www.qsl.net/eritrea/e3.htm

Bruce stated that authorization was granted for 30 meters on a 2nd
class  basis.  Meaning they can not intere with other non amateur
transmissions.

Joe did give me a list of personal calls, however I do not think it is
the full list.  The group will mostly be using E30GA and QSL cards go to
K4JDJ.  All other calls go via their home calls.

E30GA  Joe, KO4RR        K4JDJ
E30FA  Vance, N5VL
E30JA  Bruce, WD4NGB
E30BA  Franz, DJ9ZB
E30IA  Elvira (YL), IV3FSG

I think I8NHJ is there and also has a call.  Interesting that all of the
recent E3 Callsigns end in A.  Including E31AA and E30HA.

By the way the E31AA logs are at
http://www.qsl.net/n6ed/f2cw_search.html

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR (ex WR3E, WB3JRU)