TopBand: Re: Wire for Radials

Larry Kayser kayser@rideau.net
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:24:38 -0500

Joe:

3000' spools of Copper covered steel are hard to find these days.

New sources of radial stuff.

1.  Old RG59 Cable Tv drop wire.  I had a half ton truck load given to me of
this stuff some time ago, it is not much for metal recovery anymore but with
care in can be pretty good radial stuff.

2.  Power line Simplex, aluminum but thick and lots of it.  This is the
aerial cable that comes from the power companies transformer out on the pole
to a residence.  Apparently this stuff is also not worth much due to the
steel contamination of the aluminum.  I have been offered truck loads for
taking it away.

I have large quantities of it around a vertical I have at the back of the
island, on the little hill that is covered with prickly nettles, the only
use I could think of for that area....

Larry