TopBand: PC Monitors

Milt Jensen, N5IA miltj@aepnet.com
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:30:59 -0700

Fellow contesters and top band enthusiasts,

An amateur friend of mine recently started getting back into HF after a
number of years of absence.  In setting up his station he has encountered a
severe case of RFI associated with the monitor.  It is particularly bad on
160 Meters.

Either turning the monitor off or disconnecting the data line eliminate the
problem.

I have similar minor problems at my station, and have been able to live
with them.  However, we would both like to have some information on what
others have done to eliminate or greatly reduce this type of interference.

Are there any particular brands/models of monitors which experience has
shown to be less offensive?

What other steps have been implemented to accomplish this end?

PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO    --   lgriggs@aepnet.com     --    Thanks, Milt,
N5IA

Gotta get back to packin' bags for XZ1N trip.  Talk to you from Burma
(Myanmar)!