TopBand: Report from 3DA0CA

Chris R. Burger Chris.Burger@Nanoteq.com
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:14:32 +0200

>From Jon Rudy 3DA0CA:

Had some two great openings to Eu over the weekend.  Starting right at
1900z
(2100 local).  I worked SM, OH, DL and UA2FF, S57X (after numerous
attempts...I could hear him but he couldn't hear me at first), and OZ.
Put
32 into the log.

This seems like a good pattern.  I listening for an opening from EU on
Friday and Saturday night.  When I hear someone calling. I will start
calling CQ on 1.8270 to 1.8275.

I also listened for JA both nights and Saturday night stayed up until JA
sunrise.  No dice...will keep trying.  It helps when some of the big
guns
like JA3ONB or JA4LXY call CQ on 1912.5.  They act as beacons.  I will
QSX
for JA on 1908+.5.

Hope to have more EU and UK in the logs soon and maybe even some JA.

Jon...3da0ca