TopBand: BQ9P on 75 (CW)?

gtaft gtaft@voyager.net
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:46:11 -0800

Anyone confirm that the CW operation on 3795 this AM (1245Z - ?) was for
real by Pratas operators.

The operating characteristics were similar to the earlier SSB operation
on that freq both time wise and QSX down.  And the sig was good here
until nearly 40 Min past our sunrise.  Direction ok too.

Suppose the antenna available may have been cut for 75 but the ops
wanted to do serious CW??

Please reply to reflectors as I'm sure mni want to know.

73  George  W8UVZ

PS  Too bad they didn't do 160 as the band was open to Asia with JA1HQT
having a booming sig on 1908 and UA0FZ Q5 copy on 1830 (couldn't hear
mni tho).  Finally some condx!