TopBand: Beverage question

Raymond Dave-CSUS04 csus04@lmpsil02.comm.mot.com
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:23:54 -0600

I have made a lot of observations since I got my two 2-wire beverages
playing (finally).  On most signals they show nice front to back which
varies a lot but sometimes reaches 30 db or so.  They run NE/SW and NW/SE.

Last week, T32MP was pounding in here with a very big signal.  The "JA"
beverage definitely favored the T32.  They were about S4 off the JA
direction, and virtually nil off the back side of the beverage (toward the
Caribbean/S America).  They had equal signals (fairly weak) off of the NW/SE
beverage, both directions.

This morning T32MP was back on, although with a much, much weaker signal.
The T32 signal was essentially equal from all four beverage directions.  If
I were trying out my beverages this morning for the first time, I would have
never believed that they are working.  It's a little hard to believe that
the angle of the arriving signal from T32 is so high that the beverages show
no difference in signal strength.  Is there something else to attribute
phenomenon to or is it purely a high angle of the arriving signal.

73. . . Dave
W0FLS