TopBand: Better condx

Raymond Dave-CSUS04 csus04@lmpsil02.comm.mot.com
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:24:24 -0500

Heard W8JI this morning running with KH2/K4SXT this morning about 1100z.
The beverages are not yet up here but I could hear bits and pieces of
the KH2.  I returned to the radio about 1135z and heard VK3IO calling cq
on 1832 with no takers.  I did not have the amp on so I called him with
my puny 100 watts.  He heard me and returned my call which surprised me.
Then the amp finally warmed up (3 minutes) and we continued the qso.  He
peaked about 579 or 589 right at about 1145z (near my sunrise).  At that
point he was peaking fully 3 or 4 S units out of the noise.

Things are looking better.  Now, if the weather will only let me finish
raking and bailing the hay on the neighbor's property, I'll get the
beverages up.

73 to all. . . Dave
W0FLS