TopBand: CQ 160 Rules

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:55:30 -0700 (PDT)

> Granted, nothing is perfect, and the guys in the Southern hemisphere
> really have it rough. Nevertheless, we should do what we can within
> reason to make the rules as fair as possible for everybody.  So how
> about it, Honored Gentlemen of the 160 Contest Committee - how about
> making the contest as fair as possible by making the duration of the
> contest be 48 hours?

Riki is right on here.  We went through this when coming up with
the rules for the Stew Perry contest and it was obvious the only
way to make it fair throughout the world was to make it a multiple
of 24 hours.

However, even with this, as long as the multipliers are structured
the way they are - anyone too far from the US has a significant
disadvantage.

Tree

PS: Band has started to quiet down some.  Waiting for my first AF/EU
QSOs to finish WAC since 1 Sept.