TopBand: CQ 160 rules

Mon, 07 Sep 1998 08:44:55 +0100

Another European vote for 48 hours - or equal darkness.  My reasoning is
slightly different.

Each year we go to a lot of trouble (pleasure!) setting up the sort of
station and antennas we cannot keep other than for contests.  We wish to
maximise the enjoyment of using this station and always get the anticlimax
8 hours from the end (08:00z band goes flat).  48 hours would give us at
least 6 more hours of fun.

In 1999 we are going to GJ for the SSB section and will put up a BIG
vertical, inverted V  and 4+ beverages - a lot of work.  It would be nice
to get the extra hours fun out of the effort.

But .......... whatever, it's still a great contest!

Chris   G3SVL