TopBand: CQ 160 Rules

Valeri Stefanov lz2cjvis@mbox.digsys.bg
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:54:00 +0300

Hi,
 de LZ 2 CJ

 Tree  N6TR wrote

<Perhaps the neat thing about grid squares is that it
allows you to create a scoring system that rewards those
long DX QSOs with enough points to make them worth pulling
through.  >

If those of you who has been  receiving RADIOSPORTING
journal in the past could remember, I was the first to
suggest to CQ160 contest  to add grid squares as a
multiplier and a tool to count points.

This was may be 10 years ago when I was a TOP BAND editor
for that really fine journal ( thanks Yuri VE3BMV !!! It
was a great one especially for us behind the IRON CURTAIN
then).

I have been happy to see my idea implemented in Stew Perry
contest recently.

My opinion is still the same after so many years on this
matter  - if possible we must change rules of CQ160 test in
this direction, if we really want our favourite one to be
relatively fair for almost every participant.

 73's
 Wally LZ 2 CJ
 lz2cj@qsl.net