TopBand: 160 80 meter preamps and 160/80 meter dual plus frontend savers

Dennis G. Peterson K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 09:16:26 -0500

Hi all;  For those of you who may be looking for a 160 meter preamp
and or an 80 meter version or both, you can find them at the following
internet address:

http://home1.gte.net/crlewis/C&SFLYER.TXT

After spending many hours searching for a preamp circuit and places to
obtain the parts and not gaining any headway, I accidentally ran across
the above address and looked over the information and all the photos etc.
and decided to call the gentleman and ask a few questions.  To make a long
story short, I purchased both the dual preamp units and the front end saver
and will hopefully have them in service by next weekend.  Several other
operators who have and own them, swear by them.  Guess I will have to reserve
judgment until I get mine. hi

Now if I might ask this question to those of you who are owner/operators of
the Kenwood TS-870s.  I am currently using a heil headset michrophone unit
and am curious to know if there is another mike set up that is a good
compliment to the 870?  Without appearing comercialized, can anyone offer
me suggestions towards the M-60A, MC-80, MC-85, the MC-90 and the Heil dual
switchable element unit?  Please reply direct only.

I hope this isn't in violation of this reflector as I have no idea where else
to ask this question.  Thanks in advance.

de K0CKDennis
Name:     Dennis G. Peterson K0CKD ex...N7CKD & WB9YTT
Radio:    Talk-Back Radio on Topband
EMAIL:    K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net
Company:  ASEET/Electronics ----- STILL LOOKING AND WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!1
Voice:    319-263-2272
Fax:      319-262-0120
Cellular: 319-299-2699
Postal:   1815 Mulberry Avenue                    \\||//
          Muscatine, Iowa  52761-3554             (.)(.)