TopBand: new Inv-L

Dave_K9NX n7ex@athenet.net
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:13:11 +0000

Scott
I am currently using a 55' high Inv L on 160 it performs "adequately" but
not as good as the 90' one I had at my previuos QTH. I have run Inverted
L's as low as 35' on 160 with average results. As with any vertical antenna
spend the time on ground radials.

The 55' started out life as "plane jane" longer than 1/4 wave with a series
C to match 50 ohms. Later I added traps for 40 and 80. Sort of a take off
on the Battle Creek Special. The addition of the traps did not seem to
adversely affect 160 M operation, for what its worth. I still ahve the
sereis C matching with the 160 leg longer than resonance to get the
impeadance up to 50 ohms on 160.

As Paul Harvey would say...so what's the rest of the story? what happened
to the tall L?

Dave
K9NX

At 09:15 PM 9/12/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I am looking for those who are using Inv-L's that have vertical sections
>that are only 40-50 ft high.
<SNIP>