Topband: Connecting radial systens together- thanks!!!! de W0AH

W8AV@aol.com W8AV@aol.com
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:52:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/99 8:22:24 PM EST, W0AH@aol.com writes:

<< Since no one suggested that it could possibly hurt performance,
 and because it is so easy to do, I plan to do it using 1" diameter stranded
 aluminum wire that I am presently using as a 160M radial.

Be careful using aluminum wire with copper.  If you do use lots of Penetrox
of some other type of conductive grease between the connections.  If you
don't, electrolysis will take place bedtween the dissimilar metals (copper
and aluminum) and your electrical conection will deteriorate.

73..............de Goose/W8AV