Topband: Short Vertical RX Arrays

Earl W Cunningham k6se@juno.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:03:06 -0700

Hi, Ron,

You wrote:

"Any good resources for info on short vertical RX arrays? I have old
ON4UN book."
=====
The best I've ever seen is the article beginning on page 33 in the ARRL
Antenna Compendium, Volume 3, written by KD9SV, K9UWA, and W7EL.  It
describes a 4-square receiving array for 160m where the vertical elements
are only 20 feet tall and spaced only 42' 5" on each side of the square.
Complete construction details and directional switching arrangement for
eight directions using relays are given in the article.

73, de Earl, K6SE