Odp: Topband: terminated or not?

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym@ippt.gov.pl
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 07:06:31 +0100

>Hi Topbanders...
>
>I have the following question: what, besides the lack of unidirectionality,
>are the effects of not using a resistor at the end of a beverage?
>I dont have the space to string multiple antennas, nor the will to build a
>reversible system. For example, down here, EU is at 45 degrees, and the
>pacific is LP to EU... So thinking about using just one for both
directions,
>but I dont want to compromise EU performance too much.
>
>Any information very much appreciated. Thanks and Bye.
>

>Ernesto LU5CW

Ernesto,
I suppose the easiest way is just using a relay on the end of your Beverage
and to switch a resistor on and off.
A relay is fed through antenna wire /all is descibed in ON4UN book/.I'm
using now such system /unidirectional to JA and bidirectional to S.A./ and
its working fine.In bidirectional case noise level is about 1S higher.

                                 73 Rys SP5EWY