Topband: 9N on Topband

Joe Subich, W8IK W8IK@arrl.net
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:01:32 -0500

My neighbor here in Geneva posted the following to the Florida
Contest Group and "dx-news" reflectors.  Note the comment about
at least trying 160 if/when he hears something.

I haven't checked the sunrise/sunset charts but if there is a
chance, make some noise at sunrise 9N time and who knows what
might happen.

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK/4  ex-AD8I
       <W8IK@ARRL.NET>
       (unfortunately without topband antenna)

(message reformatted and "advertising" footers removed by W8IK)

-----Original Message-----
From: dx-news-owner@mail.jerseycape.net
[mailto:dx-news-owner@mail.jerseycape.net] On Behalf Of Charles Harpole
Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 1:21 AM
To: fcg@qth.net
Cc: dx-news@jerseycape.net
Subject: [DXR] 10 M. Contest 9N7UD

Hello DXers ... I made over 1110 QSOs in the 10 Meter Contest with my
call 9N7UD ... Great runs, but I could not be on for full time, sri.
Mostly SSB, so will enter as Phone only and submit CW log for check log.
I held 28.495 for over eight hours on my Sunday daylight.

Made 31 QSOs on 80 m CW yesterday/today (!) and am trying to call any
time I hear sigs on 80 CW and 160CW and 40 CW.  If I hear no sigs.
I go to another band.  I try at 3.505, 1.830, and 7.008 plus or
minus the remarkably large amount of non-ham sigs on the ham bands
over here.

I can not make any skeds due to work and duties... but I do wake at
dawn and try then most days --- local time, of course.

Delivered lots of gear to Nepali hams... all smiles!!!  Full report
later.

73, 9N7UD  and K4VUD