Topband: Re: Stew Perry off time??

lew@teleport.com lew@teleport.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:08:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim and a few other guys who have asked about this too,
    We used to have a rule.....14 hours maximum operating time..with only
1 off time that had to be at least 30 minutes long. The purpose was to
keep yahoos from calling and calling during daylight hours trying to make
Q's simply because it was during the contest time period.
    The rule is now simply: You can be on for a maximum of 14 of the 24
hours during the test. If some idiot wishes to burn his time during the
daytime...then so be it...but doubt that'll happen..unless The Boring
Amateur Radio Club discovers a form of non-nocturnal propagation that
enhances 160M 2 way Q's. Please note that there is not...and will not be
an award for "longest daylight Q" or some variation there of.
    And yes...before any of the Millinium experts take me to task...The
Stew Perry TopBand Dx Challenge is really 24 hours and 1 microsecond long
for you to pick the 14 hours of operating you're going to do!
     There will be 1 more post to the reflectors shortly before the
contest begins, listing all the neat-o plaque categories and the Stalwarts
who sponsor them. For those who can't wait..Browse over to:
     http://jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
    73 and I remain,
    Lew-  The Plaque-Meister and Dark Duke of Rulings or....Duke of
Rulings concerning the Dark, etc. etc. etc.

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT