Topband: TBDC-99

Josep ea6acc@jazzfree.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:51:36 -0000

                            STEW PERRY SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 18-Dec-99, 19-Dec-99

Contest from my point view has been quieter than last edition. There was
also some controversy on the band due to a 9A contest on same dates.
Static crases by a near storm made sometimes difficult to pick up the
stations out of the noise.  Only a couple of  US heard and worked, with
heavy QRN and deep QSB. At my sunrise I had the hope to work some more,
but that was only a hope! Great news is that I was called by 5H3US (#136)
on 1835.8 at 2226z, giving KI93 as report. There must be some kind of
opening to AF at that time, cuz short after of working 5H, I heard, but
could not work, 6W6JX on a near QRG. And a bit later I made what has been
my longest QSO, VQ9DX  at 2250z with 18 points. Great contest anyway, and
pity that condx havenīt helped enough.

There is a remote possibility to work the CQWW160m CW as VK4FOC, callsign
that has been assigned to me for my coming-soon trip to VK. If so, Iīll be
running 100w. Antenna must be decided in place.

Seasonīs Greeting to everybody,

73, Josep
ea6acc@jazzfree.com

S: 160m VK5 stations, please contact with me., tnx!