Topband: Re: Another good JA opening

Joseph Dube kk4tr@webtv.net
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:09:29 -0500 (EST)

Between  1150 and 1215 UTC several different JA's were quite readible
here in west central Florida.  JA1HQT came through on 1908kcs during
that time frame along with several others. This time I was there and
ready to go. Unfortunately they were once again not working to many
stations. W8JI and AA1ZM got in there early with their big signals but
from what I could hear not too many other station made it. Another one
of those one way deals. Well it looks like I'm getting a little  closer!
Wait a minute. I just had a thought. Why do WE buy all this expensive
gear,put all these elaborate antennas, gather a multitude of info on
wave propagation etc and then stay up late into the nite/early morning
for just a 30 minute opening to a far off exotic place? Alot of my ham
friends don't and my family certainly doesn't. Strange people these 160
meter Dxer's!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you guys on the band later on.

Joe KK4TR