Topband: Is my ground good?

ted demopoulos kr1g@hotmail.com
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 16:45:59 PST

The discussion on ground conductivity has been very interesting, but, how
can I tell if my ground is poor average good or great??

Its about 1.5 feet of OK topsoil in heavy pine/hickory woods, with lots of
big granite boulders. Below the topsoil is a very heavy clay based soil, and
the ground is not at all porous - water accumulates very easily (there were
frogs living in a hole dug for tower guy anchors during the drought this
summer). Also the water table is maybe 2-5 feet below the surface on
average.
Maybe 700 feet away is (freshwater) swamp (where the not yet fully
operational beverage is terminated).

I'm in Coastal NH - the ocean is maybe 10-15 miles away, although some
brackish water/marsh starts within 2 miles).

Other than experience, how can I tell how my ground is??

73
Ted, KR1G