Topband: Broadcast Station: Harmonic Supression?

Jeff Maass jmaass@columbus.rr.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:24:02 -0500

Tom and all the rest:

Thanks for the reply. It looks like we may have some
ammunition in 73.44 if interference to 160 meters can
be documented.

The station is WTVN-AM on 610 KHz, located in the Southern
outskirts of Columbus Ohio. It's about 20 miles South-Southeast
of me. Their signal at night on 1830 is Q3-Q4 copy on my Shorty
SE and South Beverages, and on my Inv-L.

It is presently a 5KW station, and I believe they have a 4-element
array now. They have a construction permit to go to 50KW with
a new 8-element directive array pointed down my throat.
Apparently they are currently being held up with zoning issues.

 I know that they have been a problem for me, and have heard the
 same from and of a couple of others over the past year. I'm going
to start gathering reports. One person has told me that he's
spoken with the WTVN Chief Engineer with no satisfaction, but
he happens to work for a competing station, and so doesn't feel
he can peruse the matter.

If anyone in the OH-PA-MI-IN areas can confirm their signal as
interfering on 1830, please let me know. They identify as "610
WTVN", and are a talk/sports format.

73,
Jeff Maass  K8ND