TopBand: Beverage matching

Earl W Cunningham k6se@juno.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:27:02 EST

Mike, W0MU wrote:
"What is the best material to make the 9:1 matching tranformers out of
and where can I get some.  I am going to build some of the famous slinky
beverages.  Our local Target stores have been carrying them."
=====
For a successful temporary 500' Beverage I put up to receive the recent
VK9 operation, I used an Amidon FT140-43 toroid core with a single
winding of 30 turns, with one end going to earth ground and the other end
to going the Beverage wire.  I connected the 50-ohm coax up ten turns
from ground.

You can order cores directly from Amidon by telephone at (310) 763-5770.

73, de Earl, K6SE