No subject

Don Greenbaum don@aurumtel.com
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 13:27:51 -0500

<jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>)
Subject: TopBand: [dx-list] ZL9CI info... EU stations pse comment.
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

--=====================_754772225==_.ALT

Just got this.....

re:  160
I'll make a point to start using 1826.5 rather than 1826.0 from now on.

Had a hard time with Europe on 80 meters around 16Z today.  Lots and lots
of requests for repeats, and comments about QRM, so I was moving up and
down 0.5 kHz to try to avoid it, but it didn't seem to help -- obviously I
couldn't hear it.  Was wondering if there is a fundamental problem with
3507.0 as with 1826.0.

Regarding 80 vs 160, we only had a single antenna shared between these two
bands, so when we were surprised by the bad wx on our first day on the air
and spent the night on the island, we had to make a decision between to the
two bands, and I chose 160.  The boys put up a second antenna for 80
today so we are gonna try to hit both 160 and 80 at the same time now
during our fringe times on the island.

That's all for now.

--Trey ZL9CI